I’ve written about 10 custom and trade For Dummies books, one Complete Idiot’s Guide book, and an instructional guide for AmberAlert.com. I’ve edited many more books — more than 200 altogether. Listed below are some of my favorites and my most recent For Dummies projects.
I’m especially proud of the following books, which won or were nominated for various book awards. You can find descriptions and Amazon affiliate links for my most recent book projects on the Book Projects page of this website:
- I Found a Job! Career Advice from Job Hunters Who Landed on Their Feet, by Marcia Heroux Pounds (Jist Publishing), nominated for a Foreword Award
- Wine For Dummies (first edition), by Mary Ewing-Mulligan and Ed McCarthy (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), nominated for a James Beard book award
- Dummies 101: HTML, by Eric and Deborah Ray (John Wiley & Sons), recipient of a CPA Award
Health and lifestyle books
In addition to writing custom publications for a variety of tech companies (including IBM, Avaya, and SMART Technologies), I’ve written some health and lifestyle books:
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Boosting Your Immunity, by Murdoc Khaleghi, MD, and Colleen Diamond (Penguin USA)
- Vampire: The Requiem For Dummies, by Justin Achilli, Ken Cliffe, and Colleen Totz Diamond (John Wiley & Sons)
I also did a three-year stint as senior and managing editor for the publishing division of a civil engineering software company. In three years, my small team produced three fully peer-reviewed, graphic-intensive, 800-page textbooks about hydraulics and hydrology, and one software guide.
- Floodplain Modeling Using HEC-RAS, by Gary Dyhouse (Haestad Methods)
- Advanced Water Distribution Modeling and Management, by Thomas M. Walski (Haestad Methods)
Other For Dummies books
For the following books, I worked as project manager, developmental editor, and copyeditor. I also coordinated most aspects of the production process.
Genetics For Dummies, 3rd Edition, by Tara Rodden Robinson, PhD, and Lisa Cushman Spock, PhD, CGC
MacBook For Dummies and Macs For Seniors, 4th Edition, by Mark L. Chambers
Windows 10 For Dummies by Andy Rathbone
Facebook For Dummies, 7th Edition, by Carolyn Abrams
The IBM Cloud Adoption Playbook, published by IBM and John Wiley & Sons, Inc.